This post is part of a series “2011 Body Conditioning by Dancers 21 Day Challenge” which focuses on sharing my experiences during the six weeks of this event. To read about the challenge, or to follow our progress click on the 21 Day Challenge Website.
This year, I’m participating in the Body Conditioning by Dancers 21 Day Challenge. During this challenge we can work on as many goals as we wanted to. The challenge kicked off sunday of this week and I’ve been working hard at it. This event will last 6 weeks and we will be posting and video blogging on the 21 Day Challenge Blog about our experiences once a week for the next 6 weeks.
This past fall, I fell out of my routine of having supplements, having breakfast at home and bringing bagged lunches to work. I felt exhausted all the time (even though I had just come back from vacation) and indulged in treats (chips, chocolate, cake) regularly. I’d like to take this opportunity to get back on track and develop some new habits.
My main goals will be:
1) Get back to eating breakfast at home and having snacks so that I avoid the dizzy spells, over eating and sugar cravings.
2) Having enough water during the day and making sure to spread it throughout the day
3) Cooking most of my own meals and packing my lunch and snacks
4) Making note if I’m gravitating towards a certain food because of an emotional reason.
1) Incorporate daily abdominal exercises into my routine. I’m starting off with 3 sets of 12 reps of an activity and hope to increase it as I progress throughout the challenge.
1) Incorporating meditation as part of the challenge, it is something I’ve always wanted to try but didn’t really know how to begin.
2) Working on discovering and confronting my limiting beliefs.
Wish me luck as I embark on this exciting adventure.
To read more about the challenge and our experiences, please click here.