A few weekends ago, I picked up some fresh grouper fillets from The Fish Store. When I got home, I was surprised to find that they gave me a lemon with it too. How kind! It’s really the little things that mean a lot. 🙂
It was the first time my boyfriend and I were grilling grouper but it was definitely a success. I took a bite and exclaimed “SOO GOOD!”
We made it again recently which reminded me to share this on the blog. It’s really easy to make and delicious. The store keeper said I would need at least 1 fillet per person. You might need more if you have a bigger appetite and depends on how many other sides you have going on.
Remember to adjust the seasonings to your likings. I like to make sure that the fish is evenly coated in the spices and then add the black pepper and sea salt.
BBQ Grouper Recipe
Ingredients (4 servings – approx. 3/4 inch fillets)
- 4 fresh grouper fillets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1-2 tsp Italiano spice mix. Use your favourite spices & herbs. I like dried parsley, dried oregano, dried thyme, paprika, onion powder, dried red chilis flakes, and garlic powder.
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of fillets
- Season fillets on both sides with the spice mix, sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill for 4 minutes on one side then flip with a wide spatula to grill another 4 minutes on the others side. When it flakes easily with a fork it is cooked.
- Take off the grill and squeeze some juice from the fresh lemon.
- Serve immediately. These are tasty right off the grill
Don’t got a BBQ or can’t be bothered to fire on the grill? Alternatively, you can bake these in the oven.
What are your favourite fish recipes? What are your favourite BBQ recipes?