Fall is in the air. There’s a distinct chill in the morning, it gets dark quickly and I find myself wanting hot comforting meals like soup and pumpkin pie. Every morning is a fight to get out of bed. I just want to stay under my warm covers, in my fleece PJ’s (ooh yeah.. I’m wearing those already) and drink tea. My, my that sounds lovely.
Most of the time I use sundays for making more time consuming meals or trying out new recipes. During some weeknights, I usually wanting something fast that hits the spot and so I can get on with the rest of my evening. The pan-fried garlic shrimp recipe is one of those great standby recipes because you’ll have most of the ingredients on hand and it’s so gosh darn simple.
This recipe uses only 4 ingredients. olive oil, sea salt, garlic and shrimp. EASY peasy! They had raw zipper back white shrimp on sale at Loblaws a couple weeks back and I decided to take advantage of the sale. It had been a while since I had shrimp and thought I’d add it to the meal rotation during the week. Mid-week I found myself out of protein and took this package out of the freezer to make that night.
This is so easy it might seem kind of funny to have a full recipe write up but I’ll write for those that might want directions. Also, I didn’t pay attention to how long I pan fried it for. It was fast though – probably 7-8 minutes of cooking time. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
Quick Pan-Fried Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb of shrimp (defrosted if frozen, deveined and peeled).
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic until soft but not burnt.
- Turn heart to medium and add shrimp making sure to spread it out so that ideally every shrimp can lie flat on the cooking surface.
- Wait until the shrimp starts to turn white/orange on the edges then flip onto the other side.
- After about 2-3 minutes your shrimp should be cooked all the way through. Season with sea salt to taste.
Serve with any sides you like.
Please let me know if you try this.
How do you like to cook shrimp?
Have a great Monday!